Congratulations! After getting pre-approved, you have received your FIT Credit Card just now. The wait was not so long, but now that you have your FIT Credit Card in your hand, you cannot wait to start using it.
But wait! First you have to Activate your card.
Let us explain how you can easily activate your FIT Credit Card.
1- Activation of the FIT Credit Card via Phone
On the back of your FIT Credit Card, there is a toll-free number given. All you need to do is to call that helpline and follow the steps that the operator guides you through. Make sure that you call from the number that you wrote while applying for the card for proper verification and identification purposes.
2- Activation of FIT Credit Card Online
- For this, all you need to do is to visit https://www.fitcardinfo.com/
- Here, at the top, you will see the “Activate My Card” button. Click on it
- You will be directed to https://activate.yourcreditcardinfo.com/?product=fit
- Here, you will see an interface that will ask you for the Last four digits of your credit card, the Last four digits of your Social Security Number, and five digits zip code
- This is to identify you. Once you have entered all the details, just click on the “Activate My Card” button
And that’s all!
Your card is now activated and ready to use.
What happens if I do not activate my card?
Now, you must be wondering why activating your card is necessary.
Well, the answer is simple. Your credit account is open since the day you got pre-approved. But your card is unusable until you activate it.
You must understand that the process of activation of a card is designed in a way to make the usage of your card and your account more secure.
If you have received your FIT Credit Card, try to activate your card immediately, or within 30 days. When you activate your card, you will be required to open an online account that will provide you with a monthly free credit score too.
So, that is another plus of activating your FIT Credit Card.
Leila Najafi is a luxury travel and lifestyle writer and editor with over five years of experience covering travel rewards programs, destination and buying guides, and more. Leila’s writing has been featured in NBC News, Thrillist, Fodor’s, 10Best.com by USA Today, HuffPost, Eater LA, Tastemade, and Reader’s Digest. Aside from being a writer, editor, and fact-checker, Leila is also an on-camera host and digital marketer.